patch: 8_paging

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat May 23 13:58:26 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 09:48:04PM +0800, Harald Welte wrote:

> The subscriber database even right now contains the location area code (LAC) as
> a field in the database.  the db.c code re-reads this lac from the SQL table,
> so you can lookup the subscriber by its extension, then determine its LAC,
> lookup the BTS based on the LAC and then send the paging requests there.

I have just added a function gsm_bts_by_lac() which should allow you to
search for a BTS based on the LAC of the called subscriber.

What we're still missing (but that's an optimization) is some code that
removes the LAC (or sets some 'detached' flag) in the Subscriber table
once we get the IMSI DETACH.

Right now, when a subscriber is called after he has DETACHed, we still try to
page him.  Well, I can live with that for now, we're not running out of
paging slots any time soon :)