Problems with bs11_config ('BS11 DELETE OBJECT NACK') and bsc_hack

Michael Gernoth Michael.Gernoth at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Mar 19 10:13:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 04:21:18PM +0100, Holger Adams wrote:
> I'm still having some problems with bs11_config, this happens with
> create-trx1 and delete-trx1. If I remember right, this already have been
> reported by somebody else. I first disconnected the BTS from the BSC
> with 'bs11_config disconnect'.

Yes, this happens to me, too. Harald said that there is probably a bug in
DELETE OBJECT.

> Second problem:
> 'bsc_hack' hangs here, can't get more - even with verbose settings.
> Sometimes I get something like a 'Failure Event' (can't remember excact
> message) and 'RADIO ... DISABLED'. I don't have loggings of these, Sorry.

I had such problem when the E1 card was in a ,,modern'' PC (Core2Duo,
but with a 32bit kernel). I've moved it to an old P4, and there I have
traffic flowing after the initialization. Nonetheless I need to start
bsc_hack twice before I can see the new network.

Try adding --debug=DRLL:DCC:DMM:DRR:DRSL:DNM:DMI:DMUX:DPAG:DRLL:DSMS to
bsc_hack and you should see frames being constantly sent from the BS-11
after the initialization.

If you need it, I will log the output of two startups from bsc_hack. But
I think I will only find the time to do that tomorrow or next week...

Regards,
  Michael

--
Michael Gernoth                            Department of Computer Science IV
Martensstrasse 1  D-91058 Erlangen Germany  University of Erlangen-Nuremberg