BS11 configuration problem

Michael Gernoth michael.gernoth at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Sun Mar 1 17:01:52 UTC 2009

Hi,
after receiving an E1 card, I tried (unsuccessfully) to get bsc_hack up and
running:
http://pbot.rmdir.de/19e2baa94ffedfdb814dce0a9346532e

After that, no new network can be found with a mobile phone.

bs11_config is reporting:
PHASE: 3 Normal               MBCCU0: Load        MBCCU1: Load        Abis-link: Up

When bsc_hack is started, the following message appears a huge number
of times in the kernel log:
Mar  1 17:24:51 faui43g kernel: mISDN_send: error -12
and then sometimes messages like:
Mar  1 17:24:52 faui43g kernel: ph_data_indication 0x0 0x3 0x0

The kernel version is 2.6.27.19 (patched), but I also tried the newest git
tree from Linus with the same results.

I think the configuration of my BS-11 is somehow broken, as both TRX seem
to be enabled:

BS11 Power Amplifier 0  ATTRIBUTES:
        TRX Power: 30mW (GSM)

BS11 Power Amplifier 1  ATTRIBUTES:
        TRX Power: 30mW (GSM)

But running bs11_config delete-trx1 (or create-trx1) just produces
BS11 DELETE OBJECT NACK (respectively BS11 CREATE OBJECT NACK):
http://pbot.rmdir.de/53344f67ed0cb86f24c4a79f0af4fe2e

Trying to reset the standard configuration by deleting and recreating
all objects in create_objects() doesn't work, too:
http://pbot.rmdir.de/13e0b928689c0d527b13fa52698b9391
(Patch: http://pbot.rmdir.de/e549a8a52da6d389326e2e2891c2f289)

It seems to me, that I have to reset the BS-11 to the factory defaults
and recreate the configuration with bs11_config, but I don't know how
to do that (and if I need the firmware files for that...).

Did I miss something obvious, or is the configuration of my BS11 somehow
broken?

Thanks & Regards,
  Michael

--
Michael Gernoth                            Department of Computer Science IV
Martensstrasse 1  D-91058 Erlangen Germany  University of Erlangen-Nuremberg