Patch 39: WAS: Re: patches again

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Mon Jun 29 16:44:15 UTC 2009

On Sunday 28 June 2009 18:47:31 Andreas.Eversberg wrote:
> patch 39: the location update process did not work, if mobile station
> uses tmsi when comming from a different network. in this case the
> reject-timer must also be started, and we wait for imsi identity
> response. in case we can't find the subscriber or if we have an
> unimplemented location update, we release location update process and
> send a reject.

Sorry, to me it seems the patch is doing something else...

1.)
        if (!subscr) {
                DEBUGPC(DRR, "<- Can't find any subscriber for this ID\n");
                /* FIXME: request id? close channel? */
+               release_loc_updating_req(lchan);
+               gsm0408_loc_upd_rej(lchan, reject_cause);
                return -EINVAL;
        }

I think we can just move the schedule_reject from two lines below the if to
the top. What do you think?

2.) The patch changes the policy from delayed reject (to not make the MS come
back immediately) to a direct one. What is the reasoning?