patches again

Andreas.Eversberg Andreas.Eversberg at versatel.de
Sun Jun 28 16:47:31 UTC 2009

hi,

i did some heavy tests this weekend with many mobile stations at once.
with these patches all ressources (channels / subscribers) were released
cleanly. even when mobile stations request more than 4 channels at a
time (the current SDCCH4 is full), there is no ressource getting stuck
anymore.

patch 39: the location update process did not work, if mobile station
uses tmsi when comming from a different network. in this case the
reject-timer must also be started, and we wait for imsi identity
response. in case we can't find the subscriber or if we have an
unimplemented location update, we release location update process and
send a reject.

patch 40: in case of a channel breakdown, the signal handler for
releasing lchan is called. the wrong pointer was used as lchan. (see
last hunk) also we don't need to check use counter of lchan, if we
receive an "cause 22 error". the lchan gets released anyway, if use
counter becomes 0. (see first hunk). also i think we can force channel
release when we receive an error indication. this can easily be tested:
remove the battery during active call, then send a message to the mobile
station (hang up on the remote). the message cannot be delivered, so the
BTS send us an error indication, the channels and the call process gets
released.

patch 41: the pointer "tall_bsc_ctx" belongs to the gsm_data.c file, not
to include file.

patch 42: again my traffic channel patch. the mobile requests a channel.
in case of a location update, we deliver the requested channel type. if
we receive a channel request for other reasons, i force a TCH_F channel.
this is requied, because we cannot change (modify) the channel right
now. also i check if we have a TCH_F channel when we want to make a call
to the mobile. if so, the channel is used, if not, paging is stated as
if we would have no channel. so it is possible to call a mobile during
location update, when it holds not a TCH_F channel.

patch 43: this small fix will not check for given subscriber/imsi here.
this is already done in the next "if"-condition.

patch 38: still i use this little hacked install patch to install
library and include files, so other applications like LCR can use
openbsc without refering to the openbsc source directory. i use that
install-hook, because i don't know much about autoconf. maybe there is a
better way to do that.

anyway i don't get any measurement reports at all. i tried two BTS' and
used the firmware as described in the wiki.

regards,

andreas