OpenBSC with 2.5G or 3G mobile devices support? / Tested Phones

Nordin bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 15:50:47 UTC 2009

Thanks for your post David,

Well that sounds strange, this means that if I turn off my pda phone in
Holland and turn it on in France, my pda phone won't register because of
non-standard TMSI issue? I doubt about that.

The case is, I don't even see any transaction between OpenBSC and the
PDA phone from the debugging of bsc_hack. I have the feeling that the
PDA phone don't even do any request based on System Informations
provided by the BCCH of the bsc_hack.

As far as I know, we don't do TMSI resolution. We kind of like saying
"hey PDA, I don't want the TMSI, just give me your IMSI instead" and so
the PDA "should" drop the TMSI as it's TEMPRORAY MSI anyway. If that's
how it works.

c u later...