Possible to control the radio strength of a nanoBTS?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jun 3 13:29:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:36:49PM +0200, Nordin wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> While I'm still busy with understanding the OpenBSC sourcecodes and GSM
> protocols, I wonder if it's possible to control the nanoBTS's
> transmissionpower. If some additional code is needed, I'd like to give a
> try with some hints or directions to look at.

Unfortunately we don't know this, as we don't have the ip.access protocol
documentation.  As far as I know, there is no standard command for altering
power levels.

You might be able to control the _initial_ BS power by setting some
TRX or BTS attributes related to that.  But it is my understanding that after the
initial power level, the BS will adjust the power itself on every dedicated
channel.