Spectrum analysis shows strange carrier

dexter zero-kelvin at gmx.de
Mon Jul 20 16:39:47 UTC 2009

Hi folks.

We have a Toy-Spectrum-Analyser here, so i have measured the output of
our BS-11 when initalized with -f 123

http://www.root.runningserver.com/pub/openbsc_spektralanalyse.png

Why are there 2 carriers emitted by the BTS?

I thought that openBSC uses only one TRX. I have verfied that the
carrier must be emitted by the BTS. If i stop the BTS the carrier
vanishes and the T-Mobile carrier comes through (much weaker, of cause)

I have no explaination for this effect, can anyone give me a hint?

regards
Philipp