CCCH

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Fri Jul 17 11:41:16 UTC 2009

Hello Eric,

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:53:53 +0200, "Eric Cathelinaud" <e.cathelinaud at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Yes I would like to make the cell phone answer as fast as possible but
> without the need of a user interaction. So I am trying to get RACH as fast
> as possible and I think the paging function is the most suitable for this. A
> RACH for each frame would be really nice. At least one RACH out of 2 frames,
> then i can have at least 1 RACH per 10 ms.

I don't think you have much influence on setting the paging reorganisation
mode, this is done by the BTS when it detects that something has changed
with paging (the BTS can detect it by looking for changes in the SYSTEM
INFORMATION messages). I did a quick test with a nanoBTS 1800, if for
example BS_PA_MFRMS is changed, the BTS will activate the paging
reorganisation mode while switching the parameter. I can confirm that
with the Nokia Network Monitor, it displays the page mode and indicates
"paging reorganisation" for a short amount of time (about one second).

You can try to constantly switch the SYSTEM INFORMATION data related to
paging, but I don't know if this will help with what you want to do.
Also please note that I have not tried it with the BS-11.

Best regard,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de