Jumper settings for 120 Ohm connection

Holger Adams holger at kernreaktor.org
Sat Feb 28 10:53:23 UTC 2009

Hello Harald,

Harald Welte wrote:
> Hi Holger!
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 04:22:30PM +0100, Holger Adams wrote:
>
>> I'm just trying to connect the E-1 host card to the BS-11, but I can't
>> get it work. The serial connection works fine, I'm also seeing the
>> "Abis-link: Restoring" message.
>
> this is strange, indeed.  I have not yet seen this.
>
>> My hardware configuration:
>>
>> 1)  I removed the green jumpers TB01 - TB04
>> 2)  Jumper settings below the Twinax-board:  1-4 ON,  5-8 OFF
>>
>> 3)  HFC-E1: NT Mode, Config A (all jumpers on the left side to the left)
>> 4)  'hfcmulti' modprobed with 'dslot=1'
>> 5)  Forced the BS-11 to use correct TEI and E1 slot by using 'bs11_config'
>
> did you verify the settings by using 'bs11_config query'?  Is it really using
> the full timeslot 1 with TEI 25?  I have seen a number of BS-11 with different
> default configuration.

Uhm, I remember doing the 'oml-tei' stuff as described on the
getting-started-tutorial page because these numbers didn't match.

I'll recheck this next week. Maybe the BTS forgot itself (I have to
switch off the power of the whole lab before I can leave the building).

> did you also apply the kernel patch for mISDN and actually use the
> recompiled/patched mISDN_core and hfcmulti modules?

Yes: patched - recompiled - installed - restarted - modprobed.

>> Have I missed something? I put a scope upon the rx/tx pins - traffic
>> flows into both directions, so I think there's no collision (tx->tx, rx->rx)
>
> I think the TEI layer is not coming up in this case, so it is more a logical
> than a physical layer problem.

I'll swap to the second BS-11 and E-1 Linecard just to be sure that
there isn't a hardware problem.

Maybe its important to mention:
 - Both LEDs of the E-1 card are blinking red
 - Used cables for the RJ45 plug (CAT5): orange/blue

- Holger