Update on GSM network at 26C3

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 22:18:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

TODO items before 26C3 (for the next couple of days):
> * finish handover implementation (critical)
> * do some more testing with LCR integration (Andreas did it, but I also
> want
>  to have more hands-on experience with it)
> * introduce log levels and/or per-subscriber tracing functionality to
>  "see the signal among all the noise" while debugging problems in an
> otherwise
>  busy network
> * ensure SMS implementation is more robust than at HAR
> * log all measurement reports to database for later analysis of handover
>  performance.  We could also get them from pcap files, so not strictly
>  neccessary.
>
> Optional:
> * finish AMR-halfrate implementation, as this will increase our capacity.
>  This includes dynamically selecting the codec that is used for each call.
>  I don't think we'll manage finishing this, especially with the LCR
>  integration.  Standalone might be possible - but that is useless for 26C3

Are you planning on finishing up all those points by yourself or could you
use some help on some of theses ? (It wouldn't be very efficient to have
several people working on the very same feature independently).

I'll be in vacation in a few days till 26c3 and I was planning on working
more seriously on GSM projects.

I can definitely do some handhover testing once it's implemented. I was also
planning on finishing my chan_openbsc for asterisk, the RRLP work I started
and have a look at encryption but if some other things would be more useful,
I can take a crack at them.

Cheers,

     Sylvain