Ericsson RBS Support

Caleb Pal cleb at defcon-3.net
Fri Aug 28 04:25:47 UTC 2009

Hello Again,

So as my previous post mentioned, I recently acquired an Ericsson RBS 2401.
In looking through the configuration, it only allows for a T1 connection,
not an E1. The first issue I see with this is I haven't been able to find a
mISDN supported T1 card. I assume all of the BS-11 are E1, so I suppose T1
support has never come up. Not a coder myself, I'm not going to be a lot of
help in that department. But I can get a T1 card and hook this RBS up to a
Linux box and do any debugging that might help move things along. I'm open
to any suggestions. I know Harald was looking into getting traces for
Ericsson BSC <-> BTS traffic, so hopefully that will help as well.

Thanks again,

Caleb