Ericsson BTS's (US Based Testers?)

Caleb Pal cleb at defcon-3.net
Fri Aug 28 04:20:06 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I'm new to the list, and new to GSM testing, although I've worked with a
fair share of RF, Linux, and networks. I recently acquired an Ericsson RBS
2401 for testing. This is a 2 TRX BTS with a T1 interface. It works on the
GSM 1900 band, and puts out 300mw at full power. There will be another post
about getting started with that...

Onto the main purpose of this post..I have a contact who has 5 Ericsson RBS
2308's, which are the same as the unit Harald recently purchased. They are
probably a bit bigger than the BS-11, have 4 TRX, output about 2.5 watts,
have a T1 interface, and support EDGE. They are banded for GSM 1900. They
can be bought for a reasonable price, plus shipping from California.
Obviously OpenBSC doesn't support these at the moment, but hopefully support
will be added sometime in the future. These would be a great resource for
anyone in the US wanting to do testing, or overseas testers, if you're
willing to pay shipping. If you want more info on the unit itself, you can
download the manual Harald posted to the list earlier this month. If anyone
is interested, please contact me off list, and I will get you in contact
with the seller.

Thanks

Caleb