new patch for fragmenting HFC-E1

Andreas.Eversberg Andreas.Eversberg at versatel.de
Sun Aug 23 18:04:22 UTC 2009

hi,

here is the almost final patch for fragmenting HFC-E1 cards for multiple
BTS connecting to one card. if it is stable, i will submit it after some
tests.

load module with:
$ modprobe hfcmulti dmask=0x00000042 bmask=0x0000003c,0x00000780
debug=0x40000

the dmask must be given von all E1 cards that have to be fragmented. in
this case we only fragment the first card.
the bmask must be given for all fragments. because we have two bits set
(slot 1 and slot 6), we need two values.
each bmask value will define the the bchannels to use for the given
dchannel.
the card is fragmented from lower dchannel to higher dchannel given in
the mask. (slot 1 for first fragment, slot 2 for second fragment)

run misdn_info after loading to see the fragments.

happy testing,

andreas