SCCP: State of the current implementation

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Fri Aug 14 09:45:07 UTC 2009

Hey Guys,

this is just a small note of the current work in the holger/on-waves-msc-sccp
branch.

The goal of this branch is to implement A over IP and hook OpenBSC into a real
GSM network. This work is on the way thanks to on-waves.com.

The current state:
	- Partially implemented SCCP. We can send UDT messages, and full connection
          handling exists. I have not implemented segmenting for DT1 yet and
          will try to avoid doing that.

        - Split out vty_interfaces into two parts. One for the MSC
          functionality and one for the BSC

        - Split out gsm_subscriber into two sets. One for BSC and one for MSC.

	- Do not compile gsm_04_08.c but provide the layer2->layer3 ourselves with
          moving shared stuff to gsm48_utils.c. This way creating and parsing
          of messages can be shared and the policy can remain in the old file.
          (this is the biggest change to earlier approaches).

What will be next:
	- Use bsc_msc_ip.c to initialize the the tcp connection, do the handshaking,
          start sending the reset as seen in the traces.

What can be merged:
	- I think I will propose to merge the vty and gsm subscriber changes after
          HAR2009 as they have little chance to break stuff.

z.