HAR2009 TODO list (MS power, BS-11 calibration)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Aug 4 08:18:55 UTC 2009

Hi, some more status updates:

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:26:14AM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:

> * make sure we enable MS power control and impose a global limit of
>   100mW for the uplink (MS->BSC) direction by means of the MS POWER IE's
>   and the BCCH information.  That sounds like something for Dieter to
>   figure out, especially since he has measurement equipment ;)

Status update: I have now hard-coded a MS power limit of 20dBm (100mW) for all
activated channels.  The BS-11 still doesn't use dynamic MS power control
yet, but that is optional anyway.  At least we're sure the MS now get told to
use no more than 100mW to talk to the BTS.

> * stable OCXO reference to calibrate BS-11 internal clock
> ** this could be done before the event, but Harald has no precision clock source

Dexter was here yesterday, and with his help (and his HFC-S card) we
successfully re-calibrated two BS-11.

Using the nanoBTS frequency offset test, we can see the relative frequency
offset (in parts-per-billion!) of all BCCH in the vicinity.  With this test
it was easy to observe how the carrier frequency delta of the BS-11 became
smaller and smaller and finally was in the same range than the commercial
GSM network BTS's.