wireshark, viewing Abis communication

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Mon Aug 3 13:25:43 UTC 2009

Hello Harald,

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:49:40 +0200, "Harald Welte" <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:

> I've been asking Dieter all the time to send patches that we can integrate.
> However, nothing has been coming forward yet.  Especially if we look at
> nanoBTS-only and ignore the HFC-E1/BS11 stuff, it should be pretty easy,
> most likely just some different header filee includes here and there.

See my other post, basically only one function is missing. There might
be issues with the "<linux/xxx>" header files included in mISDNif.h (I
am not sure if this affects the current Cygwin version too, if yes, three
dummy empty header files are good enough). The rest can be used "out of
the box" (I had to create a "bootstrap.sh" file here, not sure how it is
done in Linux, in some other projects "bootstrap.sh" seems to be included
which runs the automake tools). Because of this I did not see any reason
to post something (it might be too trivial and till now there was no real
need).

So this is preety much straightforward, at least for anyone with Linux
experience. If you don't have any Linux experience, you have of course
learn everything related to the GNU tools (GCC and so on). Then its most
certainly easier to start with Linux, maybe with a "command-line" only
version running in a Virtual Machine (which will most certainly work
with the nanaoBTS too).

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de