wireshark, viewing Abis communication

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Mon Aug 3 11:30:09 UTC 2009

Hello Nordin,

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 09:50:18 +0200, "Nordin" <bouchtaoui at gmail.com> wrote:

> If Dieter has a Windows variant of OpenBSC, it would be great. For me
> now, it's still much easier to debug in windows than in Linux, because
> I'm not yet comfortable with gdb in comman-line.

Just as a clarification: I don't have a Windows variant of OpenBSC, I
just compile it with Cygwin. Beside the installation of the required
libraries (for the database) all what is needed is a minor modification
for a missing function in vty.c (Cygwin does not have it, the following
is taken from a Cygwin related posting). The Cygwin version works fine
with the nanaoBTS.

 #if defined(__CYGWIN__)
 /* Workaround for Cygwin, which is missing cfmakeraw */
 /* Pasted from man page; added in serial.c arbitrarily */
 void cfmakeraw(struct termios *termios_p)
 {
    termios_p->c_iflag &= ~(IGNBRK|BRKINT|PARMRK|ISTRIP|INLCR|IGNCR|ICRNL|IXON);
    termios_p->c_oflag &= ~OPOST;
    termios_p->c_lflag &= ~(ECHO|ECHONL|ICANON|ISIG|IEXTEN);
    termios_p->c_cflag &= ~(CSIZE|PARENB);
    termios_p->c_cflag |= CS8;
 }
 #endif /* defined(__CYGWIN__) */

For the BS-11 I have a private, experimental modification which is not
public, it requires a special Windows driver for the E1 card.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de