MBCCU0: No Load

Mon Apr 27 07:20:21 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have tried the second TRX.
During the setup of TRX1 on LMT the second also goes down to No Load.

PHASE: 3 Normal               MBCCU0: No Load     MBCCU1: Load
Abis-link: Up

and then after setup:

PHASE: 3 Normal               MBCCU0: No Load     MBCCU1: No
Load        Abis-link: Restoring

I hope its not the BS11 that is broken.
Maybe its the software?

Best regards
Björn Heller

Am 24.04.2009 um 21:47 schrieb Harald Welte:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 09:13:43AM +0200, Bjoern Heller wrote:
>> Hello Dieter,
>>
>>> You did turn the power off for a restart, just to be sure ?
>> Yes, of course ;)
>>
>>> If the firmware for the first TRX is not loaded, the Abis
>>> communication will still work because the microcontroller
>>> which takes care about the commnunication is working. The
>>> error messages result from the not working TRX (I guess
>>> it would work if TRX1 instead of TRX0 is used, however I
>>> have not tried it yet).
>>
>> What do I have to do to use the second TRX instead?
>
> you have to hack the OpenBSC code to assume '1' is the first
> TRX in the BTS, rather than 0.  This probably needs to be done
> at least in the channel allocator, as well as the c0 pointer in
> sturct gsm_bts
>
>> Plug in the other Twinax connectors?
>
> no, there is no change in connectors.
>
>> Do I need to setup the second TRX separately on LMT?
>
> according to your bs11_config mail it seems like it is correctly set
> up.
>
> As for what seems to be a hardware problem: You can obviously get a
> different
> BS-11 from me, if you can take care of the transportation.
>
> Please note I'll not be in Berlin from May 4 through May 26, so we
> should
> probably do that before I leave.
>
> Regards,
> --
> - Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>           http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> "Privacy in residential applications is a desirable marketing option."
>                                                  (ETSI EN 300 175-7
> Ch. A6)

Björn Heller
Jabber: tec at jabber.hellercom.de