MBCCU0: No Load

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Apr 24 19:47:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 09:13:43AM +0200, Bjoern Heller wrote:
> Hello Dieter,
>
>> You did turn the power off for a restart, just to be sure ?
> Yes, of course ;)
>
>> If the firmware for the first TRX is not loaded, the Abis
>> communication will still work because the microcontroller
>> which takes care about the commnunication is working. The
>> error messages result from the not working TRX (I guess
>> it would work if TRX1 instead of TRX0 is used, however I
>> have not tried it yet).
>
> What do I have to do to use the second TRX instead?

you have to hack the OpenBSC code to assume '1' is the first
TRX in the BTS, rather than 0.  This probably needs to be done
at least in the channel allocator, as well as the c0 pointer in sturct gsm_bts

> Plug in the other Twinax connectors?

no, there is no change in connectors.

> Do I need to setup the second TRX separately on LMT?

according to your bs11_config mail it seems like it is correctly set up.

As for what seems to be a hardware problem: You can obviously get a different
BS-11 from me, if you can take care of the transportation.

Please note I'll not be in Berlin from May 4 through May 26, so we should
probably do that before I leave.