MBCCU0: No Load

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Thu Apr 23 09:05:21 UTC 2009

Hallo Bjoern,

> I tried it several times,
> and left the BTS on over night.
> The LMT cable wasn't always plugged in.
> When I boot up the BTS it always says that the second TRX
> has Load and the first not.

You did turn the power off for a restart, just to be sure ?

> If I try to bring up the BTS with your SW under Win.
> I get the Abis Link Up but when I try the Load DB I get some
> error messages on LMT.
> Then the second TRX goes down to No Load.

If the firmware for the first TRX is not loaded, the Abis
communication will still work because the microcontroller
which takes care about the commnunication is working. The
error messages result from the not working TRX (I guess
it would work if TRX1 instead of TRX0 is used, however I
have not tried it yet).

> And this is the condition until I reboot the BTS.
> Maybe its a software issue?

I don't think so because the communication processor loads the
same firmware in both TRX. This is done in parallel. In your
trace there is the same behavior I experience here, loading the
firmware for TRX0 ad TRX1 starts, however loading TRX0 stops
immediately. Of course I can only speak for my BS-11, but here
it is most certainly a hardware issue (at one time I could even
see an error message that the first power supply unit did not
start).

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de