AW: AW: AW: BS-11 runs, but no Network on my Mobile

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Wed Apr 1 14:08:10 UTC 2009

Hello Andreas,

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:44:52 +0200, "Andreas.Eversberg" <Andreas.Eversberg at versatel.de> wrote:

> does BS-11 need to react on telephone messages in order to show the
> network to the phone? or does the phone just receive the BS-11
> signalling information in order to display the available network? i
> don't know if the receiver works.

To just "see" the network, the phone does not have to send anything
and the BS-11 does not need to receive anything. This is necessary
only when the phone registers to the network (Location Update). However
the Abis link has to be up so that the cell information is sent, if
the Abis link is down, the transmitter is most certainly still sending
(I measured this here, but it was not yet confirmed by others so it
might be wrong) but a phone won't see the network (probably no
system information is sent in this case).

> also i can create BBSIG1 and PA1, but it will not be used by bsc_hack.
> what do i need to change in order to use the second transponder? maybe
> this one works.

I am not sure if OpenBSC already supports the second TRX.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de