BS-11 runs, but no Network on my Mobile

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Wed Apr 1 16:51:02 UTC 2009

Hello Marcel,

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:52:21 +0200, "Marcel Klein" <marcel at koeln.ccc.de> wrote:

> Some phones can find the "001 01" network directly but most of the time
> it takes around an hour until some phones start to notice it (or they
> never do).  I tried restarting bsc_hack several times, changed the
> ARFCN, MNC and MCC but without success.  Even restarting the phone
> doesn't always help.
>
> So far everything seems to work fine, bsc_hack shows no warnings, I see
> lots of RXs when I use the debug option, and Abis-Link is up.
>
> I don't know if this is related but when a phone manages to see my
> network it's not able to see any others. I just see one - my own network.

You mean you can only see the "001 01" network and nothing else ?
Does this happen before or after having registered to the "001 01"
network ?

Something different to try: If finding the "001 01" network takes too
long and changing the ARFCN also does not help (to make sure that
there is no interference) maybe increasing the TRX power changes
the result ? Just try it for a short time (one or two minutes)
and see if that helps. Here at my place (most certainly a rather
"clean" RF environment) I don't have problems to find the "001 01"
network, this works with different phones (old and new ones) and only
takes about 30 seconds doing a "manual search". I can also see all the
other official networks.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de