AW: BS-11 PLL clock source / calibration

Andreas.Eversberg Andreas.Eversberg at versatel.de
Fri Apr 17 11:51:23 UTC 2009

just find pin 118 of the E1 controller on the pcm bus (connector) and compare the clock (4096khz) with pin 54 on the HFC-S PCI ISDN controller. use an oscilloscope and sync it to ISDN interface. one pin higher (on both controllers) you will find 8khz frame clock signal.

if the clock differs by 1ppm, the phase of both signals cycles about four times a second. for rough calibration, i would suggest the 8khz signal. it will take 125 seconds for a full phase shift at 1ppm clock skew.