[op25-dev] Knock - Knock - Status on OP25 and Python3 etc...

op25 at zellners.com op25 at zellners.com
Wed Aug 25 04:58:41 UTC 2021

Quoting Graham Norbury <gnorbury at bondcar.com>:

> OP25 Boatbod fully supports python3 and ubuntu 20.04 with scripted
> install (~/op25/install.sh) and has done so for quite some time now.

Great!

> The installation script will autodetect python2/python3 and
> gnuradio-2.7/gnuradio-2.8

Great!

> but at this point it's not handling gr2.9.

Is that *bunu 18.04 and Raspbian I bet???

> The multi_rx.py version of the application now supports radio id
> tagging (rid-tags.tsv) if that is important to you.

Is there something that outlines this multi-rx v. rx.py???  I've never
touch mutli-rx.py, as never even knew about, most everything lists
rx.py... HOWTO etc. on use like I've seen and used for rx.py .... RID
tagging would be of interest! Does that RID get passed as metadata for
IceCast streams by chance? ? ?

> Over on RR Forum Max

Well thats great, but like I said, I don't use that site, ever, for
anything. Thanks though.

> has a thread about the new OP25 Osmocom release that has a new-look
> GUI and back end logging database.

Will keep an eye out for an announcement here, interesting, has some
pluses feature wise it sounds like, but I need more of run in screen,
set and forget it.