[op25-dev] Re: sockaudio.py startup?

gnorbury@bondcar.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Wed Jul 26 00:57:44 UTC 2017

Bill,

Did you ever get [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-9lC78gYedORUg4MFZIV1hybHM]sockaudio.py[/url] to start up?  Since I don't think it's been committed to the git repo yet, you're either going to need the modified rx.py than knows how to start it itself, or you'll need the [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-9lC78gYedObE5BaFlmNkpQc00]audio.py[/url] front end which makes sockaudio.py behave like netcat | aplay and lets you handle the audio playback remotely.

I'm currently using a RPi3 with local sockaudio to feed a darkice stream to Broadcastify.  It works *almost* as well as an old i5 laptop if have (running the same codebase) feeding a different set of tgids to Broadcastify.