[op25-dev] suggestion: handling alternate control channels

John Ackermann N8UR jra@febo.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Mon Jul 17 14:09:35 UTC 2017

My local site switched to an alternate control channel a few weeks ago.
To address this, I added the primary and 3 alternate CCs in trunk.tsv.
(Then last night they switched back to the primary...)

I noticed from tail -f'ing stderr.2 that the program (trunking.py?)
cycles through all the listed control channels, in order from trunk.tsv,
each time it returns from a voice channel.  If the active CC is last on
the list, the time spent doing that results in dead time when calls are
missed.

What if the program reordered the control channel list so the active
channel is first?  That way the retune would immediately go to the
active channel and only if it failed would the other channels be scanned
(and then the new active channel would go to the head of the list).

73,
John