[op25-dev] Re: Success! (almost...)

John Ackermann N8UR jra@febo.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Sun Jul 16 19:44:01 UTC 2017

Following up on this... Max is correct, the system I'm monitoring is 30
channels.  I've come up with what has to be the most "ass-backwards" fix
I've ever done.  The correct answer is to make the frequency list
scrollable but I don't know anything about curses programming.  So
instead, I inserted in terminal.py a call to read the console size on
startup, and then size the row positions based on that (e.g., instead of
showing the current frequency on row 20, I show it on row_size-5).  So,
if you set the terminal to 36 lines there's now room for 30 frequencies.

Patch attached.  Really stupid, but it seems to work.

I'm also attaching a bash script I use to start rx.py and also the audio
server.  I am certain that someone with bash-fu could make it much more
robust.  (I'm still struggling to get this to start from a desktop
shortcut in Raspbian.  The scanner window opens, but not the audio server.)

John
----