[op25-dev] OP25 setup once built

John Ackermann N8UR jra@febo.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Fri Jun 9 21:31:37 UTC 2017

On 06/09/2017 04:31 PM, ikj1234i at yahoo.com [op25-dev] wrote:
> your rtl-sdr should work fine on any system as long as you don't specify
> a "center frequency" in the trunk TSV.  If you omit the center frequency
> OP25 retunes the SDR as needed to follow calls.  The only real exception
> is when using the log all TGs to disk mode, in which case you need to
> span the entire range of the system.

So do I then just use the control channel as the frequency on the
command line?  And in that case, is there any point in running the
dongle at full sample rate to maximize bandwidth, or can I back down and
reduce the CPU load?

> As far as white lists you need not
> list the TGs in the trunk TSV, you can specify a file name in that
> position of the trunk TSV.  Having both a white list and a black list at
> the same time is nonsensical since the white list enables only TGs in
> the list.

Excellent!  Yes, I understand that white and black list are mutually
exclusive.

> Instead of putting scope.py in /usr/local/bin which hasn't
> been provided for in the install procedure it might be better to write a
> small sh script that cd's to the proper directory and invokes scope.py
> from there.

OK.

>Finally as far as the choppy audio there are a couple of
> possibilities - poor reception due to DX reception of certain
> towers/sites/ TGs is one, also is it possible that these TGs are phase
> 2/TDMA?

I don't think there are any phase 2 TGs in the system (yet) but I'll dig
further.  I seem to have a pretty much line-of-site path to the main
site, but I don't know if there are satellite sites that might be
interfering as you say.

There was one other question I may have asked in the other thread:
what's the best way to capture frequency and talkgroup data to a file?
I want to build a list of the site frequencies, and all the talkgroups
seen.  Basically, to capture the output of the "traffic" window.

> Max

Thanks again for all your help.  I really wasn't expecting to get
everything working so well in one day!

John
----