[op25-dev] Re: r82xx_set_freq: failed=-1

verymetl@hotmail.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Thu Aug 25 20:44:28 UTC 2016

Hi Mel

 There are a couple of things going on here. In your trunk.tsv file, your control channel frequency format is incorrect. You don't need to use scientific notation for those entries, so remove the "e6". You are also specifying an offset of 1500, 15000 would be a better choice here. I don't recall the filter width of the demodulator, but you are trying to keep the DC spike out of the channel bandwidth. Maybe 20000 for the offset?

 In your cincy.tsv file, there is an extra line at the very end, which would throw an error upon parsing that file. The last line needs to be valid talkgroup information. i.e. "59030 Emergency Management Agency" should be the very last line.

 ./scope.py --args 'rtl=0' -f 851.18750e6 -N 'LNA:40' -V -v 0 -S 960000 -q 39 -T trunk.tsv

 Try using that command line instead of the one you're using. The LNA gain of 49 is a bit much, and you're probably overloading the signal a bit. The sample rate of 288000 is also not very efficient, 960000 is a much better option. I didn't see any TDMA talkgroups on that system you're monitoring, so the '-2' isn't necessary here.

 -Scott