[op25-dev] RE: Package gnuradio-core was not found error

verymetl at hotmail.com verymetl at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 18 06:00:20 UTC 2014

Hi Max,

 In all fairness, all credit goes to you, Steve and MattSR and everyone else involved for putting this together in the first place. I think I just happened to catch things at the right time that made installing much easier then it has been in the past. I've watched the OP25 project for a few years now, mostly because of your LSM research and discovery. I'm not really sure I'll be able to utilize the OP25 project to it's fullest potential, but my goals were simple to begin with.

 My main purpose was to use the scope app you wrote to see if I could get stable constellation/symbol plots. The LSM system I'm interested in has four control channels that all exhibit different characteristics. One channel I can get 100% squelch lock on my scanner, two others with intermittent locks, and one that rarely gets locked on. Guess which one rarely gets used, and which one is almost always used?? yeah...

 Assuming I can achieve decent demodulation of LSM, at the very least, I'd like to put something simple together that would send a cleaned up signal out the sound card(48k or 96k) into another PC running the Unitrunker app. Ideally, I'd like to send assembled P25 packets out a UDP port for processing elsewhere on the network. I've always wanted a data pump style app for processing trunking packets.

 At the moment, I'm not having any success getting my RTL device tuned right. I'm not seeing the obvious spike on the spectrum scope. Looking though the scope python code, I don't see any references to change the ppm correction settings, or AGC settings related to the RTL devices. I found the code in the osmosdr_src_c source related to those settings, so I can hard code them if I need to. I'm too tired to mess with it tonight though.. I'll tackle that tomorrow.

 Thanks to the OP25 team for the awesome goodies!

 -Scott