[op25-dev] sending wireshark patch upstream

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Wed Jun 26 20:29:22 UTC 2013

I've had some people request that I submit the P25 CAI Wireshark
dissector upstream for inclusion in Wireshark.  It makes sense to me
since it is quite stable.  Do others agree?

My only concern is that we currently use an unassigned UDP port and
encapsulate P25 CAI in UDP.  Should we try to get an official pcap data
link type (DLT) instead?  Are there reasons to prefer UDP over our own
DLT?  If so, should we pursue standardizing a UDP port number?

Mike