[op25-dev] Re: Repeater Build attempts

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Mon Mar 4 16:21:44 UTC 2013

I will try to build on CentOS 6.x tonight which in theory I got the farthest
and it has a kernel that should be asterisk friendly as well as GNURadio
friendly. I will  detail the build as far as it gets and what errors I am
unable to resolve myself. I have about 30-40 hours into the project of
trying to build in various forms. I am sorry I did not keep notes on each
failure. I have located some notes on getting zaptel to compile in a base
CentOS system, maybe I can get past that hurdle long enough to get to
asterisk and then GNU radio.

I will provide more concise details when I can get at least something
running that IS a step forward. So far that has not happened.

I can easily get the asterisk part running by using allstar or Xipar.. but
in both cases it is not a GNURadio friendly environment. So I am forced to
build a GNURadio friendly environment and try to get asterisk running. if I
want them on one box and that has been problematical.

Doug

KD8B