[op25-dev] Patches & instructions to get OP25 working with UHD/GRC/DES-OFB

Balint balint256 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 09:32:46 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

It has taken a little longer than I anticipated, but it's all here:

http://wiki.spench.net/wiki/OP25

The page describes:

.         Getting the latest OP25 working with the latest GNU Radio (one
easy patch)

.         Using the Legacy USRP shim so OP25 can access any USRP via UHD
(one symlink)

.         How to do a side-by-side install of multiple OP25 versions
<http://wiki.spench.net/wiki/Side-by-side_GNU_Radio_Modules>  (one copy &
script)

.         Adding DES-OFB decryption (a little more complex, but all the
instructions are there)

The side-by-side guide
<http://wiki.spench.net/wiki/Side-by-side_GNU_Radio_Modules>  not only
applies to OP25, but any other GR module.

Don't forget to install gr-baz <http://wiki.spench.net/wiki/gr-baz>  to get
the OP25 Decoder block <http://wiki.spench.net/wiki/gr-baz#op25>  for GNU
Radio Companion, a sample flowgraph that does the decoding from a variety of
sources, the patches themselves and additional sample files.

Please let me know if this is useful to people, what success you have, and
if anyone is keen to move the DES-OFB code to the latest source (the patch
is for version 219!).

Kind regards,

Balint