[op25-dev] Re: OP25 working with UHD and GRC

Steve Glass stevie.glass at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 00:14:29 UTC 2012

Congratulations Balint!

I've also been looking at this from the Python side but had some problems.
One of which is the demod just looks flaky in 3.6 (both Frank's original
and the version I copied into our tree) - the symbols seem rather sparse
and I am failing to decode frame headers properly. Then I read this:

The IT++ 4.2 BCH problem still exists, so I’ve used the alternate
> implementation that Max also uses in the ‘repeater’ code to handle
> identification of the frame header.

What's the problem with the BCH decoder in IT++?  This could be part of my
problem so I'd appreciate more info. Shall take a look at Max's code for
that too but I was so convinced I'd got a different error that I was
picking one problem at a time and not got to the scope.py application yet.

Steve