I: Re: How to build Wireshark-1.6.7 against patched libpcap

chiccus2003 at libero.it chiccus2003 at libero.it
Wed Jun 6 09:45:23 UTC 2012

Hi Samuel,

update You on the problem.

I run only “sudo ./configure --with-pcap” without the directory /usr/local and
I have compiled without errors wireshark.

Not show more (undefined reference to `nl_dect_cell_get_name').

Instead there is:  rpath,/usr/local/lib -lpcap -lnl-dect  >&5 (see the new
“config.log” file of wireshark-1.6.7).

Now when I run “sudo wireshark” there are only interfaces: "any pseudo-device
that captures on all iterfaces" - "usb bus number1"-  "lo".

(I attach “dmesg” partial).

Any idea?
Thanks again

With best regards,
Umberto

(........perhaps this can help someone else).