[Dfu-util] Forward of moderated message

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 23:20:59 UTC 2020

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 10:55 PM Domenico Andreoli wrote:

> This is an STM32F107VC (Olimex STM32-P107) but I also tested a GD32VF103
> (Longan Nano), both are DfuSe devices and I had to use -D in combination
> with --dfuse-address.
>
> > From the above, your device seems to be a DfuSe device. In this case
> > this is the expected behavior. I would recommend a DfuSe upload,
> > specifying -s <address>:<length>
>
> Indeed it worked.
>
> I just tried to upload a new binary and see if it was being executed
> after reset. Anything else you might want me to check?

Hi Domenico,

Thanks a lot for testing on your units. I don't have any particular
idea about what to test more. I think the DfuSe devices are rather
well tested by now.

I have added a warning if someone uses the "undocumented" upload
variant on DfuSe devices.

It seems possible that I can finish the release next weekend. I have
some changes queued up regarding error codes and their propagation but
I will rather land them after the release.

Regards,
Tormod