[bbs-revival] Another Hi

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Tue Jan 2 19:42:27 UTC 2018

Another Hi,

used to run 2:2449/845 on the Amiga with CNet and Trapdoor.
Stopped operating the BBS somewhere around '94 or something.

Used to be an A3000T040 with 3 MFCIII with a bunch of Courier
V.Everything.

Started with Linux because it got an IP Stack which was a lot more
stable than the AmiTCP stuff. So i started polling "real email" via
UUCP to a Linux box - then via UUCP over IP on a local Arcnet to
the Amiga via UUCP over IP to connect all BBS users to "real email".

Still using UUCP (over SSL) for most of my email.

Fido used to be a PITA with CNet as it got the implementation of
zone gates wrong so mails to a different zone didnt work out of
the box. I remember binary patching the CNet binaries.

Memory is pretty vague - Its a long time ago and uucp map files,
fido nodelists are long gone - My V.Everythings still exist though.

Flo