No subject

Sun Jan 9 15:52:14 UTC 2022

ISM868 bands that are located adjacent to the GSM 850/900 frequency<br>
allocations.<br>
My initial investigations and enquiries indicate that this should be<br>
possible by creative programming of the baseband processor in many<br>
models of phones. =A0The trick, as I suspect you well know, is the<br>
difficulty in getting the information and tools required to reprogram<br>
these radios.<br>
I am now in a position to potentially fund further work on this.<br>
So, as the open-source group with the most experience reprogramming<br>
baseband radios, what is the feasibility of creating a<br>
proof-of-concept using the types of phones you already work with to<br>
send and receive arbitrary data packets without reliance on a cell<br>
tower (even for time synchronisation)?<br>
I know there are a lot of constraints and problems, but I am most<br>
interested in creative solutions that can get us to a working<br>
prototype, however crude, that can be used to demonstrate the<br>
feasibility of what I am proposing.<br>
If this discussion is off-topic here, I am happy to hold the<br>
conversation at the serval-project-developers google group, but I am<br>
equally comfortable with it continuing here.<br>
Thanks in advance,<br>
Shuttleworth Telecommunications Fellow at Flinders University.<br>

--0016367faa93c4a56b04abdc0ca5--