osmocom-bb compilation problems

Nikos Balkanas nbalkanas at gmail.com
Thu May 17 02:34:59 UTC 2018

OK. Finally figured out what I was doing wrong.
Did the Tip & Trick "Fetch fast from git.osmocom.org push to gerrit" and
thought adding gerrit to an existing clone was redundant and maybe
damaging:(
So, I omitted it and proceeded to push for review. Failed.
This time I added gerrit to an existing clone and proceeded with the push
for review:
-> git push gerrit HEAD:refs/for/master/Minor_Typo_Fixes
Counting objects: 32, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (7/7), done.
Writing objects: 100% (7/7), 96.41 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 7 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (4/4)
remote: Processing changes: new: 1, done
remote:
remote: New Changes:
remote:   https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/osmocom-bb/+/9209 Minor Typo Fixes
remote:
To ssh://nbalkanas@gerrit.osmocom.org:29418/osmocom-bb.git
 * [new branch]      HEAD -> refs/for/master/Minor_Typo_Fixes

I even got a mail alert from it
Finally it's over:)

Suggestion to avoid similar future issues:
Delete header "Add gerrit to an existing clone" and maybe add it as a
comment
Place Its content under "Push to Review"
Keeping it as a separate heading, made me think that It's unrelated to
"Push to review"
The choice of target "gerrit" in the push command is unfortunate, since it
can be confused for a host, gerrit.osmocom.org

BR
Nikos