Osmocon

Tomcsányi, Domonkos domi at tomcsanyi.net
Tue May 15 08:26:53 UTC 2018

Hi Nikos,

I’m really happy to see someone being so enthusiastic about testing out OsmocomBB. It is definitely one of the most intereting open-source projects out there.

However I feel like there is an imbalance between the amount of mails being sent and the amount of fiddling done. Don’t take this the wrong way, but if you attempted to compile the code and test it out, or watch some talks/videos you would not need to search for osmocon or try to extend it with USB support. I am only saying this because the amount of time spent on writing the mails in question would have been enough, in my opinion, to actually do the task in question. Therefore it does not always make sense to write an email before just trying it out. Don’t worry about trying out things, there is not much chance of you breaking anything :).
All in all this software was created, as far as I know by people testing and trying tirelessly and eventually succeeding in achieving their goals. This is the spirit of hacking and open-source.

Happy hacking, get your fingers dirty :)!

Domi