sciphone dream g2 mtk 6235 status? ;)

Craig Comstock craig at unreasonablefarm.org
Sun Feb 4 04:23:32 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have several of these devices now and am working on porting fernly code for the fernvale board (and other mtk626x devices) to osmocom-bb.

I found this document: https://elinux.org/images/9/9a/Getting_the_First_Open_Source_GSM_Stack_in_Linux.pdf

and was wondering about the "GSM RF chips slide" which seems to indicate that you may have written RF HW drivers enough to transmit?

I don't see the u-boot sources from the links at https://osmocom.org/projects/baseband/wiki/SciphoneDreamG2 but interestingly I can get to them directly with git. :)

git clone git://git.osmocom.org/uboot-mt623x.git

So I will take a look at what you have and see if I can get somewhere with these devices.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Cheers,
Craig