libosmocore embedded build

André Boddenberg dr.blobb at gmail.com
Wed May 17 09:51:02 UTC 2017

Hi all,

>> 1) make sure embedded builds continue to work by building libosmocore
>>   for embedded as part of the jenkins setup (using gcc-arm-none-eabi
>>   debian package). Any volunteers?

Here, I'd like to do this. Afaics we need some modifications in
libosmocore/contrib/jenkins.sh or an additional
libosmocore/contrib/jenkins-arm-none-eabi.sh script to build the
arm-none-eabi flavor. Any preferences?

I have sufficient permission to create a test job on Jenkins. to
verify that the build slave (gcc-arm-none-eabi) can
build libosmocore with changed ./configure invokation. In case of
missing dependencies on the build slave I'd reach out do you.

But before starting, I need some clarification about the changed
arguments of ./configure invokation, because:

>> Below command works for me [tm]:
>> ./configure     --prefix=/usr/local/arm-none-eabi \
>>                --host=arm-none-eabi \
>>                --enable-embedded \
>>                --disable-shared \
>>                CFLAGS="-Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostartfiles -nodefaultlibs"

does only succeed when adding "--enable-static" to the arguments.

Can I simply add "--enable-static" or is my build environment not
sane? If not how can I fix it?

Regards,
 André