Connecting OsmocomBB to OpenBTS

Usama Muneeb usamamuneeb at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 17:00:59 UTC 2017

Dear Harald,

Thank you for the info! Yes that makes sense, since that is exactly what I
am seeing (forbidden PLMNs). I didn't know they are stored on the SIM card.
I mistook these for the available networks (since MNC and MCC is also
listed with these forbidden PLMNs).

I'm guessing I would need to perform surgery on OSMOCOM-BB code in order to
connect it to another network? Is there any in built feature that would
allow me to do so directly?

Lastly, is there any added benefit in using OsmoBTS over OpenBTS when it
comes to connectivity to the network?

Regards,
Usama Muneeb