Osmocombb with USRP

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 07:07:06 UTC 2017

On 5/31/17, Snehasish Kar <snehasish.cse at live.com> wrote:
> [...] it is very difficult to find calypso phones now a days.

That statement cannot be true, as I just went to ebay, searched for
C139 and got 33 listings; 30 of them are USA units (850+1900 MHz
bands), but 3 are from the UK and thus presumably the 900+1800 MHz
version.

There are also newly made Calypso devices:

https://www.freecalypso.org/fcdev3b.html

I designed and built the above Calypso board for the purpose of
running my own FreeCalypso firmware which is more demanding than
OsmocomBB and for which Mot C1xx phones aren't good enough, but
OsmocomBB runs on my board just fine as well. However, if you are only
interested in OsmocomBB and not FreeCalypso firmware, then buying my
expensive board will be a waste of money, as it offers absolutely no
advantage over the obscenely cheap Mot C1xx phones for OsmocomBB
purposes.

M~