VirtPHY and many OsmocomBB "mobile" instances

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jul 19 13:17:36 UTC 2017

Hi all,

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 02:47:49PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> I'm not planning any immediate work here [...]

I was annoyed/stuck with some other work and gave the "multiple MS"
support a chance last night.  Took a bit longer than expected, but was
able to complete it this morning.  We can now have any number of MSs
connect to the L1CTL socket in parallel.  Logging has been extended to
make sure it will always log some context information to see which MS a
given log message is for.

Hasn't been tested extensively so far, but was working fine here with
multiple concurrent users.

I'm right now tracking down a problem on the osmo-bts-virtual side,
where it appears to not properly close dedicated channels after the MS
disappears.  Basically the link timeout doesn't seem to work in the
virtual case, i.e. if the MS doesn't send any uplink frames, the lchan
stays open.