nuttx-bb layout? inside or outside nuttx?

Craig Comstock craig_comstock at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 10:56:35 UTC 2016

Yes, my plan was:

- get osmocom-bb (layer1/rssi) firmware working (without graphics probably)
- use that work side-by-side to integrate into fernvale nuttx
- create a layer1 "app" in nuttx
- port "mobile" app to nuttx

With the goal being that you can call/text from the nuttx shell.

I have the following hardware with which to experiment:
- c139 motorola phones
- pirelli phone
- a few other calypso phones
- seeedstudio rephone (mtk6261)
- sim800 of various types
- several watch phones (dz09 gt08 v9, both 6260 and 6261)
- raw 6260 chips which I hope to design a custom pcb for

My end goal which is far too ambitious is to make a rock-like device which has no ports/holes:
- bluetooth serial to nuttx shell
- qi wireless charging
- accelerometer gestures for basic controls
- bone conducting speaker
- speech synth (sam/espeak) and voice recognition (pocketsphinx)
- all source is included on-device, even to the point that I would like to port all this work to a forth-like language of my own invention so you can debug, learn and experiment on the device

I have so far fixed up the existing mtk-firmware target and was debating whether to submit that small patch or wait until I get some 626x work done. On that front I have the basic registers and an initial BSI power on routine written (but not tested).

Thanks to all the giants upon whose shoulders I stand to do this work,
Craig