nuttx-bb layout? inside or outside nuttx?
craig_comstock at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 10:56:35 UTC 2016
Yes, my plan was:
- get osmocom-bb (layer1/rssi) firmware working (without graphics probably)
- use that work side-by-side to integrate into fernvale nuttx
- create a layer1 "app" in nuttx
- port "mobile" app to nuttx
With the goal being that you can call/text from the nuttx shell.
I have the following hardware with which to experiment:
- c139 motorola phones
- pirelli phone
- a few other calypso phones
- seeedstudio rephone (mtk6261)
- sim800 of various types
- several watch phones (dz09 gt08 v9, both 6260 and 6261)
- raw 6260 chips which I hope to design a custom pcb for
My end goal which is far too ambitious is to make a rock-like device which has no ports/holes:
- bluetooth serial to nuttx shell
- qi wireless charging
- accelerometer gestures for basic controls
- bone conducting speaker
- speech synth (sam/espeak) and voice recognition (pocketsphinx)
- all source is included on-device, even to the point that I would like to port all this work to a forth-like language of my own invention so you can debug, learn and experiment on the device
I have so far fixed up the existing mtk-firmware target and was debating whether to submit that small patch or wait until I get some 626x work done. On that front I have the basic registers and an initial BSI power on routine written (but not tested).
Thanks to all the giants upon whose shoulders I stand to do this work,
On Thu, 10/13/16, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
Subject: Re: nuttx-bb layout? inside or outside nuttx?
To: "Craig Comstock" <craig_comstock at yahoo.com>
Cc: "Marcin Mielczarczyk" <marcin.mielczarczyk at gmail.com>, "baseband-devel" <baseband-devel at lists.osmocom.org>
Date: Thursday, October 13, 2016, 2:09 AM
this is just a small note that
I just met Marcin Mielczarczyk (who did
existing but still incomplete MTK support work a few years
Embedded Linux Conf Europe, and
informed him about your work.
It is really exciting for both of us to see
somebody picking this up and
trying to bring
not mistaken, you basically have the following agenda:
* Structure OsmocomBB in a way
that it can be built 'side-by-side into Nuttx
* Build /integrate it from the
fernvale nuttx port that is available
* Implement the bulk of the MTK L1 integration,
i.e. the interface to
And afterwards hope that you
have something that supports either the
Fernvale, SIM800H, Linkit One, or other MTK 2G
baseband chips out there.
Please let me know this was an accurate
- Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>
"Privacy in residential applications is a
desirable marketing option."
(ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)
More information about the baseband-devel