Record call

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Mar 5 06:11:55 UTC 2016

Hi Robert,

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 07:47:36PM +0200, robert wrote:
> Is is possible to record a specific call using osmocombb? I want to
> record a call being made on the osmocombb phone not to sniff calls
> over the air.

in a regular voice call (whether with original firmware of the phone, or
with osmocombb's layer1.bin), the actual voice never leaves the DSP of
the phone.  So it is like

mic/speaker -> DSP (voice codec) -> DSP (channel coding) -> Radio

So the voice data never passes from the phone to your PC.  The only
configuration that does this, is when you use OsmocomBB as a channel for
lcr.

You could of course modify the softwrae to pass (a copy of) the voice to
the PC even in regular case.  It's open source, after all ;)