Moving from trac to a single redmine

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Feb 21 16:31:15 UTC 2016

Hi all,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 12:36:29PM +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:

> > So, my suggestions:
> > - Create the main page that will describe all all of the child projects
> > of Osmocom umbrella including recent news and plans.

in progress.

> > - Separate the libosmocore related pages from OsmocomBB
> > into a new section named "Libraries", for example.

Libaries has libosmocore / libosmo-netif / libosmo-abis as sub-projects,
related wiki pages have been moved.

> > - Separate both SIMTrace and softSIM into a new sections.

SIMtrace is a new project.

> I don't think we can move wiki pages from one project to another but
> we should be able to somehow add redirects.

Luckily one can move wiki pages (including their attachments and any
child wiki pages) between projects, that's what I've been doing most
parts of today.

> I intend to add one more wiki plugin to have table of contents and
> other features we are used to from trac.

You can play with the tree-like structure of wiki pages and use
constructs like {{child_pages(BTS_Hardwware,depth=1)}} to automaticall
get an automatic list/tree of child pages into another page.

There most likely are more advanced tools avaiailable, but I find that
already quite powerful.