CalypsoBTS timeslots allocation

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 13:33:11 UTC 2015

Hi,

As said previously, I never used the multi phone code so all my
answers is are what's _theoritically_ possible, not what the code
supports ...

> 1) Why my TTTRRRTT layout does not work? What does it mean (DSP Error 24)?

The DSP can't receive two consecutive timeslots. So one phone cannot do RR ...

In theory it should be possible but I never managed to make it work.

> 2) When does it send SCH BURSTS?

SCH bursts are on TS0 at some specific intervals on the
51-multiframe., see GSM 05.01 & 02.

> 3) Is it possible to transmit with one phone and receive with another?

In theory, sure.
But as I said, no idea if the code supports it.
Also as I said above one phone can't receive consecutive timeslots so
it would be R_R_R_R_ at best

And finally the components in the phone are not rated for continuous
TX, the PA especially is often only rated for 50% duty cycle on/off.
It might overheat if kept on too continuously.

no idea for (4) and (5) ...

Cheers,

   Sylvain